Hi all –
Warmer weather is creeping in – a sure sign baseball/softball season is right around the corner.
Pardon the lengthy read, but we have a lot to cover so please read carefully!
St. Patricks Day Parade: If you would like to march with Scituate Little League in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, please meet at the High School by 11:30 am – a shuttle bus will take everyone to the start of the parade route (@Old Gates). Please note, there is no drop off at Old Gates. No cars, except those that are participating in the actual parade, will make it past the roadblocks by Old Gates (You can walk to the parade start; just plan to be there before 12 pm. Look for the SLL Banners). Players are encouraged to wear previous year’s jerseys or other SLL apparel. Coaches and parents also welcome. The shuttle will return marchers to the High School at the end of the parade.
Bingo Night Fundraiser: Wow – the community came out big time for this event, and we raised over $8500. Coupled with the donations during the registration process, and our fundraising efforts have topped $10,000 for the year. This is an amazing testament to the town we call home and the thriving baseball and softball community. We will keep you posted on how these funds are being invested to improve the experience for your players. We’d like especially thank everyone who donated to the event: The VFW, Cosmos, Steve Agostino, Ralph Studley, Matt Goehlert, Darryn Campbell, Cedar Point photography, John Coen, Becky O’Toole, Milaniya’s Landscaping, ACK Roasters Jenni Dehn, Mallory Portraits, Milwaukee tools, The Salt Cave, Board 143, 98.5 the sports hub, T.K.O’Malley’s Sports Cafe, Lucky Finn, Sam’s, Starling Bakery, Quench, and Untold Brewing.
Spring Gear Sale: We previewed it at Bingo night but our new ordering system is up and live and linked to credit card, paypal or venmo payment options! We’re opening the store now with the hopes of having everything arrive by the start of the season. We have event chairs, beach chairs, mens/women/unisex sweatshirts, youth sweatshirts and bat bags embroidered with your player’s last name. (To get the bat bag in time for the start of the season, please order ASAP). Every item is available with either Scituate Baseball or Scituate Softball logo. Order here. (Please note, this is our first time using this system and we might have a few kinks. Contact me by replying here or emailing me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have any issues. Appreciate your patience!)
Spring Sponsorship Opportunities: We are still recruiting sponsors for the 2022 Spring Season. If your business is interested in sponsoring a team ($350), please reach out to Dan Coffey at email@example.com
March Madness for Cooperstown Team: Check out our Facebook or Instagram page for details on participating in a March Madness tournament. All proceeds will benefit the U12 Scituate Baseball Summer Team, which will compete in the Cooperstown tournament this summer. $10/bracket. To sign up, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Coaching Alliance: A reminder that we have two great workshops coming in. Attendees are entered to win some great prizes as well. See Matt’s email from March 7th for full details, but as a quick reminder:
- COACHES WORKSHOP: Tuesday March 22nd at 7pm we are hosting a Coaches Workshop, “Double-Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning & Life Lessons.” All softball and baseball coaches are strongly encouraged to attend. Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqf–ppzssEt2SSGklYSGb17uIX451GFSx Any Head Coach for a Summer Travel Team, which is for 8 years old and older, is required to participate in the Coaches workshop.
- PARENTS WORKSHOP: Tuesday April 5th at 7pm Parents Workshop “The Second-Goal Parent: Developing Winners in Life Through Sports” Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEqduqvrzgtHNcrk839VZS5wKNdY-15WhAB
Dick’s Coupon Weekend: Don’t forget that this weekend, SLL gets 20% off at the Dick’s Sporting Goods store in Hanover. If you misplaced the coupon, you can download it off the Scituate Little League Facebook or Instagram pages, or email me directly and I can resend. If you can’t make it to the store, to shop online use code:TMSPORTSMAR0318BSBL. Please note that unlike the in-store offer, this discount is limited to select team sports equipment items and cleats only. Online offers are also subject to vendor mandated restrictions.
Spring Season Key Dates and Details:
- Registration for Spring baseball and softball closes April 1st. (Note this is a change from the previously communicated date, as we had to change it to adjust for some other external deadlines). After that, late registration fees will apply and placement on a team is not guaranteed.
- Evaluation Days: Please note that evaluations for Majors/Minors baseball is currently scheduled for April 2 on the High School softball turf. Majors are at 9:00 am and Minors are at 11:00 am. Rain date is April 3. These evaluations are important so that we can ensure our spring teams are as evenly matched as possible.
- Season schedule: Teams will be announced mid-April. The season will begin the last week in April. The season wraps typically mid-June. Summer play starts almost immediately after.
Thank you again for your continued support of Scituate Little League!
Secretary, Scituate Little League